The following rules are specific to the CASL league which governs all game play for U9-U18 recreational seasons. If you have any questions or concerns regarding a specific rule, please contact email@example.com.
U9/U10 Age Groups ONLY:
- Either team will be allowed to substitute on any normal substitution situation regardless of who has possession of the ball.
- There is no offsides.
- No heading of the ball is allowed. Intentional heading of the ball will result in an indirect free kick for the opposing team.
- Goalkeepers are allowed to punt the ball.
- Players will get a second throw-in if first one is not legal.
General Rules (Applies to ALL age groups!):
- Heading of the ball will be allowed for the U11/U12 age groups until the fall of 2017.
- Heading of the ball is allowed for all U13+ age groups.
- You are not allowed to club pass DI or DII players onto a CASL team.
- Only ASA Club rosters may be used for the game day check-in procedure. If you are club passing a player, they will be required to have their ASA Club roster attached to the roster of the team they are club passing on. The referee has the right to spot check any player at any time by, but not limited to, asking the player his or her date of birth and making sure that it matches the date on the roster. If a coach is caught playing an uninsured, non-registered player, he/she will be suspended from coaching in the league and will be subject to further discipline from the league and/or from their club.
- Only coaches or managers that appear on the roster are allowed on the sideline.
- No Jewelry can be worn during games. Also, you cannot put a band aid or a patch over the jewelry.